MIRACORP Inc., is a veteran, women-owned firm specializing in federal government contract services. One of our competitive advantages is that we provide services to our customers with a standard of excellence that is unmatched. MIRACORP believes our employees are the cornerstone for our success. We are seeking a Secretary III to join our collaborative, innovative, customer-centric culture.
The Secretary III will work under the guidance and in support of various service centers and business lines with GSA Region 8 in Denver, CO, providing administrative support to one or more individuals.
Key Responsibilities of the Secretary III:
- Provides principal secretarial support in an office, usually to one designated individual (Designee), and, in some cases, also to the subordinate· staff of the Designee.
- Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with the day-to-day activities of the individual and staff.
- Works independently, receiving a minimum of technical guidance.
- Performs varied clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office.
- Uses greater judgment and initiative to identify the approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Interprets and adapts guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents, and practices, which are not always completely applicable to changing situations.
- Based on a knowledge of the Designee's views, composes correspondence on own initiative about administrative matters and general office policies for Designee's approval.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the Designee for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs Designee on matters to be considered; Reads publications, regulations, and directives' and takes action or refers those that are important to the office staff.
- Prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc., under general guidance; communicates to other secretaries in subordinate offices on new procedures; requests information needed from the subordinate office(s) for periodic or special conferences, reports, inquiries, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Four or more years of recent and relevant experience, and good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows XP Professional are also required.
- Additional required attributes are: good organizational skills, works cooperatively and effectively interacts with others including customers and contractors, and good interpersonal skills.
Our Comprehensive Benefit Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Term Life and Accident, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. MIRACORP is an equal opportunity employer.