MIRACORP Inc., is a veteran, women-owned firm specializing in federal government contract services. One of our competitive advantages is that we provide services to our customers with a standard of excellence that is unmatched. MIRACORP believes our employees are the cornerstone for our success. We are seeking a Secretary II to join our collaborative, innovative, customer-centric culture.
The Secretary II will work under the guidance and in support of various service centers and business lines with GSA Region 8 in Denver, CO, providing administrative support to one or more individuals.
Key Responsibilities of the Secretary II:
- Provides principal secretarial support in an office, usually to one designated individual (Designee), and, in some cases, also to the subordinate· staff of the Designee.
- Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with the day-to-day activities of the individual and staff.
- Works independently, receiving a minimum of technical guidance.
- Performs varied clerical and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the office.
- Handles differing situations, problems, and deviations in the work of the office according to the general guidelines, priorities, duties, policies, and program goals.
- Someone may assist secretary with special assignments.
- Screens telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; personally, responds to requests for information concerning office procedures; identifies which requests should be handled by appropriate staff member or other offices.
- May prepare routine, non-technical correspondence; Schedules tentative appointments for Designee without prior clearance.
- Makes arrangements for conferences and meetings and assembles established background materials.
- May attend meetings and record and report on the proceedings; Reviews outgoing materials and correspondence for internal consistency and conformance with Designee's procedures; assures that proper clearances have been obtained, when needed.
- Collects information from the files or staff for routine inquiries on office program(s) or periodic reports.
- Refers non-routine requests to staff; communicates office procedures to subordinate staff supervisors.
- Coordinates personnel and administrative forms for the office and forwards for processing.
Education and Experience:
- Three or more years of recent and relevant experience and good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Beginner or Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Office and Windows XP Professional are required.
- Additional required attributes are: good organizational skills, works cooperatively and effectively interacts with others including customers and contractors, and good interpersonal skills.
Our Comprehensive Benefit Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Term Life and Accident, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. MIRACORP is an equal opportunity employer.