MIRACORP Inc., is a veteran, women-owned firm specializing in federal government contract services. One of our competitive advantages is that we provide services to our customers with a standard of excellence that is unmatched. MIRACORP believes our employees are the cornerstone for our success.
Position Summary – Resource Efficiency Manager
The Resource Efficiency Manager (REM), located in Lakewood, CO, is responsible for supporting the GSA's Rocky Mountain Region (Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota) Energy Management Program. The REM will support energy management throughout the region. A REM is an energy technical professional charged with monitoring, analyzing and reporting the consumption of resources such as natural gas, electricity, water, and fuel oil.
Key Responsibilities of the Resource Efficiency Manager:
- Works in cooperation with existing energy and engineering staff to focus on six areas identified as essential: building energy monitoring programs (BEM); coordination with the Energy Center of Expertise (ECOE) for various reporting and project submittal database activities; resource accounting and sub-metering; promotion of energy awareness and conservation activities and tenant outreach.
- Reduce overall energy/resource consumption; identify savings through energy conservation measures and equipment; identification of utility billing errors and rate schedule changes.
- Build personal knowledge of the operation of the various facilities and industrial processes in place; network and establish a good working rapport
- Monitors energy policies and incentive programs.
- Compare data identifying buildings with high energy usage.
- Maintain project database and respond to various requests from ECOE.
- Support wholesale gas acquisition contract.
- Monitor the actual quantity and cost of fuels and resources.
- Conduct utility billing audits and facilitate rate negotiations.
- Promote energy awareness, conservation activities and tenant outreach.
- Chair meetings with Building Management personnel.
- Support development of energy reduction projects, energy management and renewable energy technologies.
- Provide the ECOE with requested deliverables and annual reports. '
- Demonstrated experience in building energy efficiency with related certifications (P.E., C.E.M, etc.) desirable
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in energy management, with preference given to on-site and/or federal REM experience.
- Experience with utility rate reviews and analysis.
- Demonstrated competency with databases and spreadsheets.
- General understanding of Visual basic is desirable. Experience presenting technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Good oral and written skills.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Term Life and Accident, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. MIRACORP is an equal opportunity employer.