MIRACORP Inc., a firm specializing in government contract services, currently seeks a HIGH VOLTAGE UTILITY EQUIPMENT AND FLEET SPECIALIST professional to work at our Department of Energy (DOE), Western Area Power Administration (WAPA), Desert Southwest (DSW) region customer’s site in Yuma, Arizona.
The Fleet Specialist will be responsible for servicing all DOE owned utility equipment and power line related tools. The individual will participate in the prioritizing of vehicle maintenance activities and repairs. Overnight travel will be required to various Desert Southwest Regional locations performing various maintenance and repair functions. The individual will be required to operate, diagnose and repair various types of vehicles and equipment to include the following vehicles and equipment; large diesels, construction, special purpose (i.e., aerial insulated man-lifts), digging units, material handling (i.e., Line trucks, forklifts, trailers etc.). The individual will be required to operate and maintain hand and power tools, and will drive and operate government vehicles. The main requirement of the position is to have and maintain the fleet of utility equipment and tools, in a ready state, for Power line/substation construction, maintenance and emergency repair activities.
Job Duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with manufactured recommendations.
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules.
- Keep records on vehicle maintenance and repair expense utilizing internal systems and software.
- Rebuild and maintain power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, motor graders, trenching-digging machines, bulldozers, compressors, generators and pneumatic tools.
- Operate, inspect and analyze utility equipment and tools while trouble shooting problems.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Perform drive train repairs and overhauls.
- Replace defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Perform hydraulic systems repair.
- Make minor bodywork repairs.
- Repair vehicle suspensions, steering, and braking systems.
- Perform dismounting and mounting of tires and perform tire inspections.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Test overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Install and/or modify accessory equipment.
- Weld broken parts and structural members as necessary.
- Maintain electrical and fiber optic controlled systems.
- Perform all work in accordance with safety regulations.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- The position requires a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to interact with people within WAPA/DSW and outside WAPA/DSW that have diverse needs and interest to provide effective customer support.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience of general vehicle maintenance practices.
- Knowledge and experience of high voltage utility equipment maintenance practices.
- Knowledge and experience of automated systems.
- Knowledge and experience using standard word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge and experience handling hazardous materials.
- Possess knowledge of how heavy-duty machinery, engines, parts and systems work.
- Ability to detect faulty items determining cause of malfunction.
- Determine best repair methods.
- Possess the skill to assemble, disassemble, repair or modify components and systems.
- Physically capable of performing vehicle maintenance duties including bending and lifting.
- Certified for operating and repairing high voltage insulated aerial man-lifts (i.e. Bronto Skylifts, and Condors).
- Possess a class A Commercial Driver License (CDL), class T endorsement for trailers/tankers endorsement, class H endorsement for hazardous materials. Ability to drive and operate a variety of heavy equipment and vehicles.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems that include small engines to heavy-duty diesel equipment with hydraulics, electronics, fiber optics and suspensions, etc.
- Ability to read and understand wiring schematics and drawings.
- Possess certification for brake inspector as required by Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Certified for refrigerant recovery and recycling.
Our Comprehensive Benefit Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Term Life and Accident, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen and must pass a pre-employment background check and drug testing.
At MIRACORP we value and leverage your unique talents and perspectives. We will support you along the way. MIRACORP employees are the foundation of our company and valuable contributors to our continued success. We welcome professionals that want to be part of our growing team.
MIRACORP is an equal opportunity employer.